function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mj12Mj12 

Chatter to follow Objects

hi,

is there a workaround on a chatter to follow the object where i can track what record is being updated?

from what i read, you can only follow a profile, records and a chatter group.  i appreciate if you can share a way to track the object.

thanks in advance!

markpogi

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi,

I dont see any workaround for this.

Here is the question from chatter FAQ,

How can I “follow data” in Salesforce via Chatter?

With Chatter, every record in Salesforce, such as an individual account or opportunity record, can be followed. This means that whenever something changes in that record, you’ll be notified instantly. With Chatter, your data talks to you.

Chatter concept is based on the follow records. Thus it does not provide option to follow Objects(That is my prdeiction on this).

I will be glad if we get any wrkaround on this.

Thanks,

Devendra

Dirk LumensDirk Lumens

as a follow up question- is it possible to follow a record, and in the Chatter feed to have the name of the record show up..

As as example, if I am following an "opportunity", I want the name of the opportunity to show up in my chatter feed, as opposed to just the term "opportunity".  How does something like this get set up?

Dirk Lumens,

Yes, Opportunity Name will be displayed in Chatter Feed, so that you can navigate to that record directly by clicking on record name.

Have you enabled chatter for Opportunity object?

Thanks,

Devendra

Dirk LumensDirk Lumens

No this is not what I mean.  I want the opportunity name to be displayed in the pulldown for the chatter.  So, in chatter, when I have the pulldown I have all the opportunity name’s in the pulldown- so it acts like a sort.  Right now, all the opportunities I am tracking show up in a single “opportunity” feed.  I don’t want that.  I want to be able to sort different by the various opportunity chatter feeds

Hi Dirk Lumens,

I dont think this is possible in current chatter UI.

Please refer below link : salesforce allows you to use chatter components, objects on Visualforce. It might help you to fullfill requirement.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Chatter_Code_Recipes

Thanks,

Devendra

Dirk LumensDirk Lumens

Thanks Dev-  I would'nt mind customizing it or if someone else has done it, pay them to do it!  If you come across somebody or some organization interested, let me know!

Hi Dirk Lumens,

Are you looking for some one, who can customize these things for you?

Salesforce gets updated thrice a year : which leads to new features, enhancements in products etc..

These enhancements are based on idea, requirements etc..

You never know they might come up something like you are thinking..

Thanks,

Devendra

Dirk LumensDirk Lumens

HI Dev-  where do I put in this enhancement request?

Hi,

Submit your idea's here:

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaHome?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Devendra