function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mj12Mj12 

Chatter [following user's record]

Hi,

Is it possible to follow people not just their profile, but also what changes they made to the campaign record(same thing when you follow a specific record)?

thanks,

markpogi

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi,

Click People then Follow, or click Follow on a person's profile, in the Following and Follower lists, or on a person's hover to follow people. Once you follow people, you see their status updates in your Chatter feed.

To view changes made by other user in your feed you need follow that User.

Another requirement is that you also need to have access to that object.

For e.x. If user which you are following making changes in Campaign records then, you also should have access to that object.

If Campaign is kept as " Private " for you then you wont be able to get any feed on that object even though you are following that person.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Devendra

Mj12Mj12

Hi Devendra,

thanks for the response devendra. i already followed users i wanted follow.

but, is there a way that i will receive feeds what users also received when they changed a record?

right now the default is youll only receive a text post written by the user but not the data being updated.

thanks,

markpogi

Try this,

To view Changes done by User to whom you are following, you need to visit that User's profile. You will get all the record update done by that User

(even though you are not following that particular record).

Those updates are visible to you because you are following a User.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Devendra

Mj12Mj12

is there a way to automatically receive feeds from the user's data being updated by them?

my requirement is when i go to my home tab,  i will be able to see the lists all campaign records being updated from all the users that i followed instead of visiting their profiles one by one to see what data changes has been made.

sorry i didn't mention the requirement earlier devendra.

thanks,

markpogi

You shoud get those updates in Home Tab " Show Chatter" if you are following other User's Campaign records.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Devendra

Mj12Mj12

sorry for taking too much of your time,

i think its not possible for the requirement bec. if that user has updated hundreds of record then that means

i must follow all that records.

im thinking of using a trigger to insert the value(i can make use of  feedtrackchange table to get the Old value and New value field) to the feeditem table.

thanks,

markpogi

Can you please elaborate your requirement?

Thanks,

Devendra

kodeXkodeX

I assume you have a developer force account.

There may be some setting/option for your campaign related problem in-

Your Name -> Setup -> Customize -> Chatter -> Feed Tracking

Always have a habit of searching help provided by salesforce for your problem.

More on-

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/htviewhelpdoc?id=collab_feed_tracking.htm&language=en

kodeX

Mj12Mj12

hi,

its like this

current setup:

user1 -----follows----> user2

|____follows___> user3

feedtrack has been enabled(campaign name and campaign owner has been checked)

actions:

user 2 updated a campaign(changed the campaign name).

user 3 updated a campaign(changed the campaign owner).

standard result:

user 2's wall will received feed item that the campaign has been updated(campaign's name was changed from "campaign test 1" into "campaign test 2")

user 3's wall will received feed item that the campaign has been updated(campaign's owner was changed from "owner 1" into "owner 2")

requirement:

user 1 should also have user 2 and 3's feed item in his wall automatically. without clicking the two users just to see the feed item.