function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
matsydoodlesmatsydoodles 

Best way to test that a chatter post has been posted to the news feed?

Currently I have a trigger attached to when a new document is uploaded (after insert) in a custom document repository that I have created. When it is inserted, a new feed item is created and posted to the news feed as a linkpost item.

I was just wondering what would be the most efficent way of testing that this event has occured?

I've currently created a test class, created a 'test document' and inserted it to activate the trigger. I've then created a List<NewsFeed> newsfeed selecting the news feed. Then using System.assertEquals to compare the Title of the item on the top of the newsfeed to that of the test document I created. 

Is this the best way to test this?

I have encountered one problem doing this where the code executes too fast btween inserting the document and then getting the list so the System.assertEquals fails. To get round this I put in a while loop to waste a bit of time which seems to work now.

matsydoodlesmatsydoodles

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on creating tests for triggers that post chatter posts?

Duncan_IdahoDuncan_Idaho

Any chance you could post the method you used to wait until items showed up in the news feed? I'm having the same issue.