function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Saqib AliSaqib Ali 

How to retrieve the Influence of a person in Chatter?

Influence feature was introduced in the Spring 12 release of Chatter. Is the Influence also exposed through the Chatter APIs?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mericssomericsso

That is correct ChrisOctagon.

A specific user's global chatter influence can be found in the User Profile resource.

You can see an example here:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/chatterapi/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/connect_resources_users_UserProfileInformation.htm

All Answers

IspitaIspita

I also have the similar question, if anyone has come across API functions which extract this information from salesforce , please solve the query by sharing the sample code ...........

I too would be int5erested to know how it is dealt with ... thanks in advance for any help extended   ....

ChrisOctagonChrisOctagon

The only Influence information that the Chatter API currently returns is the influence "thresholds" from the resource at /chatter/influence/thresholds.

ChrisOctagonChrisOctagon

Good news, I stand corrected! The "user detail" response body now has a "chatterInfluence" property which contains the user's percentile and rank.

mericssomericsso

That is correct ChrisOctagon.

A specific user's global chatter influence can be found in the User Profile resource.

You can see an example here:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/chatterapi/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/connect_resources_users_UserProfileInformation.htm

This was selected as the best answer
Saqib AliSaqib Ali

Thanks Chris and mericsso!! :)

Just published a Chatter Hall of Fame based on the Influence Ranks for our organization. Folks loved it. I am also thinking of surfacing the Influence Ranks in our employees profiles (non-chatter profiles) Hopefully this will help in driving adoption.

Thanks again for all the awesome help!

Saqib