function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrea mAndrea m 

Questions on Chatter private messages

hi ,
I have a Developer edition org and though I can see messages in the chatter tab, I can not access the objects, the following code throws an error (running the code as sys admin) :

SObjectType objType = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get('ChatterMessage');
DescribeSObjectResult objDef = objType.getDescribe();

result:  FATAL_ERROR System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

I thought it might be that my org (on na9) haven't been yet updated to the new release but the same thing happens on another one ( this one na12). The code executes ok on another dev org on na12.

I'm also unable to edit the  "Manage Chatter Messages" permission on my sys admin profile, should this be so?.

I logged a case but it seems I have to be a premier customer or partner now.
Did anyone get the same error?

thanks in advance,

Andrea

Andrea mAndrea m

hi again,
I'm aware that I can clone the sys admin profile and grant the permission on the cloned one. Then I can create a new user with that new profile and I will be able to access the objects.
But If I want to create an app, this will force me to define custom profiles right?

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi Andrea m,

You dont required to create Custom Profiles for Custom Apps.

Your app can be accessed by a user with Standard Profile. You just need to give access to that app on standard profile.

Apart from Standard Profiles, you also can create custom profiles.

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks,

Devendra

Jia HuJia Hu
Create a "Permission Set" and add the "Manage Chatter Messages" permission to this permission set.
Link this permission set to the user on the user detail page.
Your code is all right.