function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DSimpsonDSimpson 

Using Chatter users in a picklist

I have a number of employees in my company who are not Salesforce users, but who have Chatter accounts. I need to associate a particular Chatter user with each instance of a custom object, but I'm not able to pull the list of Chatter users (i.e., People, I believe) as a look-up. I only get currently active SF licence users. Does anyone know how I can pull this info out and use it in a picklist?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Dirk GronertDirk Gronert

I do not know exactly what you want to achieve ... But first of all I have to ask if the the Chatter users have a Chatter-Free or a Chatter-Plus, Force.com or Chatter-Only License?!

Chatter-Free User can not access Custom Objects ...

So what is your use case ... what you are trying to achieve? What do you want to do with the picklist?

All Answers

Dirk GronertDirk Gronert

I do not know exactly what you want to achieve ... But first of all I have to ask if the the Chatter users have a Chatter-Free or a Chatter-Plus, Force.com or Chatter-Only License?!

Chatter-Free User can not access Custom Objects ...

So what is your use case ... what you are trying to achieve? What do you want to do with the picklist?

This was selected as the best answer
DSimpsonDSimpson

The users are Chatter Free users, and I'd be trying to put their names in a picklist, as the person affiliated with that custom object (a service record). So essentially, I can't do it, and the reason I didn't see any Chatter users in the list is that we don't pay for any Chatter users. Ah well, that's good to know. Thanks!!