function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nimbusprojectnimbusproject 

REST API Partner Token for Professional Edition Support

It is my understand that it is possible to lend SOAP API Support to Professional Edition users by embedding a 'Partner Token' in the SOAP envolope headers.

I also understand that people have done this to give professional edition clients access to their package that require SOAP API access even though that client has professional edition which doesn't natively support the APIs without an upgrade.

I understand that the same API access rules exist for the REST API (only avalible in ultimate, enterprise, dev. instances) but I'm curious if a similar procedure for 'lending' access to 'professional edition' for the REST API.

Also, anyone whom knows of a good explanation for embedding the 'Partner Token' into the API Calls as described above, as it seems like people have had 'mixed' results...

SuperfellSuperfell

There is currently no support for partner access tokens in the REST API. The partner team that issues the access tokens should have all the details you need on how to use them.

Jordan@BracketLabsJordan@BracketLabs

SimonF wrote:

There is currently no support for partner access tokens in the REST API. The partner team that issues the access tokens should have all the details you need on how to use them.

Thanks Simon, I'll see if I can get more data on the follow-up from them.

I'm reading conflicting reports (mostly pretty dated) about that method of granted access to API Calls not being supported. I'll keep reading though, I'm assuming it's been cleared up by now that the ambiguity has settled.

taxnataxna

I would like to generate web services to query my salesforce data from cordys but I did not find how to proceed.

I looked at the official documentation of salesforce but the only thing I found is the following:

Click Your Name | Setup | Develop | API to display the WSDL download page.

Download the appropriate WSDL:

If you are downloading an enterprise WSDL and you have managed packages installed in your organization, click Generate Enterprise WSDL. Salesforce prompts you to select the version of each installed package to include in the generated WSDL.

Otherwise, right-click the link for the appropriate WSDL document to save it to a local directory. In the right-click menu, Internet Explorer users can choose Save Target As, while Mozilla Firefox users can choose Save Link As.

when I tried to do so, I got a just a description page without any means to generate the wsdl i wanted.

thank you in advance for your help
please answer me back it's really urgent.

Jordan@BracketLabsJordan@BracketLabs

taxna wrote:

I would like to generate web services to query my salesforce data from cordys but I did not find how to proceed.

I looked at the official documentation of salesforce but the only thing I found is the following:

Click Your Name | Setup | Develop | API to display the WSDL download page.

Download the appropriate WSDL:

If you are downloading an enterprise WSDL and you have managed packages installed in your organization, click Generate Enterprise WSDL. Salesforce prompts you to select the version of each installed package to include in the generated WSDL.

Otherwise, right-click the link for the appropriate WSDL document to save it to a local directory. In the right-click menu, Internet Explorer users can choose Save Target As, while Mozilla Firefox users can choose Save Link As.

when I tried to do so, I got a just a description page without any means to generate the wsdl i wanted.

thank you in advance for your help
please answer me back it's really urgent.

1. REST API doesn't have anything to do with WSDL (this question was originaly about the REST API)

So your better off asking this question in another section of the boards.

2. Your question is very ambiguous, what is a 'cordys'? Maybe I'm missing some terminology?

3. You need to understand the methods and tools related to web-services before you begin querying the data, so you might want to read up a bit more about what exactly your getting from the WSDL, and how to use it as the different WSDLs do different things for different reasons.

Sorry you have to be more specific, and I'm also replying to my own thread.

swarswar

Hi,

Can you please confirm about usage of REST API in GE and PE? There are lots of conflicting answers. I understand that API's are enabled for UE, EE, DE.

1. Is partner access tokens available for GE and PE?

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell

If you have a partner app, you can gain access to the REST Api in GE & PE editions if you authenticate via OAuth, the old style clientIds used in the soap api are not supported in the REST API.

swarswar

Thanks Simon! I have another doubt, The new APEX REST API is in developer preview right? Means we can't use it for integration now? Should we wait for it to be GA? 

Thanks a lot! 

SuperfellSuperfell

The APEX REST API is GA.