function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
v_Ashv_Ash 

Cannot find APIs for following feeds

What are the APIs for following -

1. People FEEDs - FEEDs from people I am following.

We do have an API to fetch the list of users that logged-in user follows (those which I follow). But an API for FEEDs from people I follow, cannot be found.

2. Group FEEDs - FEEDs from all groups that I am member of.

We have an API to fetch the feeds for a given group ID. We also have an API for fetching all groups that I am member of. But is there an API for fetching the FEEDs of all groups that I am member of?

3. File FEEDs - Files from my Chatter feed

Need an API to fetch FEEDs of files posted by me.

I did not find APIs for the above on the wiki or in 'REST API Developers Guide.pdf'.

Please help.

cloudcodercloudcoder

check out the Chatter REST API Deve Preview docs here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/chatterapipre/salesforce_chatter_rest_api.pdf

v_Ashv_Ash

I have gone through all those documents. I got a reply from Salesforce's technical person -

there are NO direct APIs for all of the above mentioned feeds. The first two (i.e. People and Group) feeds can be fetched by doing some workaround using the respective APIs available.

JohnHoustonJohnHouston

Unfortunately, these feeds are not available for the dev preview. They ready to go for the 174 release, however. The API for the 174 release will be like this:

/chatter/feeds/people/{userId or "me"}

/chatter/feeds/people/{userId or "me"}/feed-items

/chatter/feeds/groups/{userId or "me"}

/chatter/feeds/groups/{userId or "me"}/feed-items

/chatter/feeds/files/{userId or "me"}

/chatter/feeds/files/{userId or "me"}/feed-items

Also we will provide a way to view feeds by each of the object types you are subscribed to

/chatter/feeds/filter/{userId or "me"} --> returns a directory of the available filter feeds for you

/chatter/feeds/filter/{userId or "me"}/{filterType}

/chatter/feeds/filter/{userId or "me"}/{filterType}/feed-items

JohnHoustonJohnHouston

BTW - 174 is the Winter 2011 release.