function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
perumalvpsperumalvps 

Restrict Multi-User Calendar view

Hi

I want to remove multi-user calendar view for chatter user or for particular profile. If not possible, is there way to hide calendar details display for users other than logged user.

Jia HuJia Hu
Do the "multi-user calendar view" is the same with the Online help:
Using Multi-User Calendar Views
http://ap.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/viewing_multiple_calendars.htm

if it is right, the Chatter Free user can't see this,
PrCarePrCare

Hi Jai Hu

Thanks for your reply. I need to block Multi-Calendar view or need to display only task details for logged user.

I need to restrict logged user to view task or availbility details of other users in the organisation.

Jia HuJia Hu
try:
Administration Setup -> Security Controls -> Sharing Settings -> Calendar
Mark MoggyMark Moggy

We are having the same problem.

At the moment our Partners can see our Administrator's calendar events - this is crazy!
This runs contrary to all the permissions logic in Salesforce. They cant see the Administrator's contacts but they can see what the Administrator is doing today!

The best I can do is go to Administration Setup -> Security Controls -> Sharing Settings -> Calendar
And set Calendar to "Hide Details" and this just hides the details of the Administrators calendar event and says "Busy", but can see the days and times of his meetings!

This obviously destroys our Partners confidence that their own data is confidential. 

I need to totally HIDE all calendar data of a superior user and in fact I would like to REMOVE the view options according to profile/role.

Help urgently needed please.

Lindsey Walgamott 5Lindsey Walgamott 5
I am having this same issue - I know this is from years ago - but could someone please advise me on how to hide caledar details. 
Please and Thank you!
Adarsh HebsurAdarsh Hebsur
Make the OWD for users as "Private" this will solve the users from seeing the multi user view.

OWD:

User-added image
Multi User View:
User-added image

Adarsh HebsurAdarsh Hebsur
Note:Forgot to mention even  Role Hierarchies also applies for the above process
Nerd sfdcNerd sfdc
I don't think setting up users to PRIVATE is a best practice as you would not be able to assign or share records with other users
instead set Account and Opportunity as Private .. if those to be shared create sharing rule.
Activity also needs to be set to private with that you will not be able to see other users task in multiple user calendar view although you see users.