function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alidedalided 

Change file permissions after upload

Hi,

I'm posting a comment with file attachment to a FeedItem using REST inside public chatter group.

The file is uploaded and the comment get's created. However the file is not visible in the comment, but i can see the uploaded file in the chatter file browser. It says visible only to me.

In one of the posts(http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Chatter-and-Chatter-API/Attach-a-file-to-a-Chatter-Comment-via-Soap-API/m-p/496463#M2420) there was a suggestion to set origin to be Chatter, i tried both it didn't change anything, file was still visible only to me.

The interesting part is when i create a FeedItem with attachment i do see the attachment inside the FeedItem, and the file has visibility to a group in which i post.

Is there a way to change file permission after i uploaded it was unable to find it in the API ?

Thanks

Albert

Jia HuJia Hu
ecoxecox

That does work, so thank you.  But is there a way to accomplish this through a global setting?  In my org all users should be able to see all documents.   I am importing 100,000+  files to Chatter in batch for a new system.  I would rather not have to find the ContentDocumentId for each of these in order to insert a row into ContentDocumentLink.