function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rickynrickyn 

Customer Portal Account Edit Walk-Around

Hi -

Does anyone know of a possible walk around to allow customer portal users to have the ability to edit their account records using authenticated sites?

I currently have account fields that I want to allow portal users to update in a visual force page.  I am trying to avoid creating a custom object with the account fields just for this purpose.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

RN

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

You can update the account record after creating a customer portal user when you log-in through customer portal user. The account record can be updated in the same fashion just like contact update after creating a portal user.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

rickynrickyn

The authenticated customer portal user is using the customer portal manager profile.  The profile grants be read, create and edit on Contact object but only read on Account.  That being said the customer portal user can not update the Account based on these default settings.

I am seeking a walk around to this, is there a way to override the read only on account using Apex?