function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sessusessu 

Hi

I am presently working on sites. Please help me to remove default web address(force .com domain name) from site and put my own web address on site. where i need to add my Site Url, please let me know Thanks in advance
Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

Let me know if you need any help with the instructions below.

From the online wiki: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_Sites_Best_Practices#Custom_Web_Addresses

Custom Web Addresses

You can map your standard company URL to your Force.com Sites Domain Name with a 3rd-party domain name registrar.

Use the Custom Web Address field to set the alias to your Force.com address.

To enable a custom Web address, create a CNAME record with a registrar like Network Solutions or Go Daddy. The CNAME record that you provide to that registrar must be your Force.com domain name and not the site URL. For example, if you entered "mycompany" when registering your Force.com domain, the CNAME must be mycompany.force.com, not the full value of the site URL.

If you have not registered this address with a registrar, entering a value in the Custom Web Address field has no effect.

Remember: you must create a CNAME record with a 3rd-party registrar AND populate the Custom Web address field in order for this feature to take effect.

CNAME mapping to your Force.com domain may take up to 24 hours to take effect.

Custom Web addresses are not available in Developer Edition or Sandboxes.