function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
softectonicsoftectonic 

Partner User Profile not created

Hi,

I enabled a partner portal for my organization and expected the Partner User profile to be automatically created. Can someone please offered suggestion as to why the partner portal profile was not created. 

Thanks in advance!

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Once you have a partner account created, you can add partner users to the account as contact records. Partner users are Salesforce users with limited capabilities focused on managing leads. Partner users log in to Salesforce through the portal.
Before creating partners, you should configure your portals; otherwise, your partner users may attempt to log into your portal before your portals are ready.

To create a partner user:
1. View the partner account for which you want to create a partner user.
2. Create a new contact for the partner user. Choose New from the Contacts related list on the partner account. Fill in the appropriate details, and click Save.
3. On the contact detail page, click Work with Portal and choose Enable Partner Portal Login.
4. Edit the user record for this partner.
5. Click Save.
Once a partner user has been created, the partner account and the partner user can be edited independently. Changes made to one are not reflected in the other. Updating a contact associated with a partner user does not update the partner user.
To troubleshoot issues or ensure the portal is configured appropriately, on the contact detail page, click Work with Portal and choose Login As Portal User. A new browser window opens and you are logged into the portal as the portal user.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.