function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AuteyusAuteyus 

Article Body not showing in Chatter Answers

I have chatter answers mostly working on my force.com site, but when I click a knowledge article, it simply brings up a bolded version of the title and none of the article's content.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AntonyAntony

You are in the right place:  develop -> sites -> <select site> -> public access settings

you will see a section as follows:

Custom Field-Level Security

<some Article Type> [View]

Click "View", and you will be able to Edit the visbility settings.

Cheers

All Answers

AntonyAntony

Hello Auteyus,

The issue you are facing usually happens when the FLS on the fields of your article type are not set properly for your users. There are two places to look at:

- When the user is not authenticated: Check the Guest Profile's FLS on the fields of the article type of your article

- When the user is authenticated: Check the FLS on the portal profile assigned to your user for the article type of your article

Most often, those fields are custom fields and the FLS by default says that they are not visible.

Let me know

Thanks

AuteyusAuteyus

I'm having trouble finding the option for the guest profile.  I can get to it through develop -> sites -> <select site> -> public access settings, but there aren't any article field rights there, just article type.  So, if I go to the field-level security for the specific field, customize -> knowledge -> article types -> <select article type> -> <select article type field> ->  set field-level security, the guest profile isn't among the checkboxes available.

Thanks in advance!

AntonyAntony

You are in the right place:  develop -> sites -> <select site> -> public access settings

you will see a section as follows:

Custom Field-Level Security

<some Article Type> [View]

Click "View", and you will be able to Edit the visbility settings.

Cheers

This was selected as the best answer
AuteyusAuteyus

thanks so much, that was totally disguised!