function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeffTrierJeffTrier 

Lookup tables and reports

Hi all,

I have been pouring over documentation and tutorials, and have yet to find a way to run a report based on lookup tables.

Basically what I want to do is create a master table that is used to populate a custom "read only" field in an Account page, based on the Account pages address fields. I have read about Master-Detail relationships, which seems to be what I'm looking for... but being a bit new to SFDC (tutorials and reading withstanding), I am not sure how to tie that into what I am looking to do... or if that's the right way to do it. :)

Any help would be great, and please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks!

-Jeff

JeffTrierJeffTrier

Ok...

It seems what I might have to do, is use a trigger that updates Account record fields whenever the master reference table has been updated.  As soon as I get the "Author Apex" permission, I will give that a go and post my results.

JeffTrierJeffTrier

Wow... there is so much to learn about how SFDC and SOQL tie in together through relationships.  Being used to SQL type databases, this is throwing me a bit. Especially when it comes to "Match and Update" queries using SOQL.

I am still beating my head against the wall... so any relevant documentation, or short examples you may have to help scoot me along would be great!

Thanks all,

-Jeff