function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Danny IncompanyDanny Incompany 

Workflow Rules on Objects Created Via Sites

Hi,

We have developed an apex page and controller and placed this on a site on force.com. Once a record of the object is created its owner is "Site Guest User", if I created manually it will be created under the owner of the user I am logged in.

I have a workflow rule in which an email alert is sent to the email address field any time it is created. This works fine and there is no problem, but only when i create it manually with the internal user.

If the record is created from the public site, and the owner becomes the "Site Guest User", the workflow rule won't activate, it only activates when the owner is the internal user.

Any ideas why this may be going on? Thanks!

SRKSRK

I belive even u r org is sending email it required a authrized person name in from field
the resposiable person for the mail
with guest user that is no such thing

Danny IncompanyDanny Incompany

Hi SRK, thanks for your advice. I did the workaround and added the from as an internal user/email, however when the alert is generated it still does not trigger the email.

If I create the object via the site (external public) and the object owner is the site user, the alert won't be generated, if I do it manually and internally on the platform it will work.

The issue seems to be on alerts not been generated when the owner is a site user.