function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mrhmrh 

Deploying to Production environment causes IDE to freeze / hang

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Force.com IDE v25 and since doing so am experiencing problems deploying certain files to a Production (eu1) environment.

I can still successfully deploy whatever I need e.g.. custom classes/pages/layouts/objects to an alternative sandbox environment however when deploying to a Production environment, from this list only only custom classes/pages deploy successfully.  Trying to deploy layouts or objects freeze or hang Eclipse/Force IDE during the validation of the deployment plan stage.  I am then forced to kill Eclipse.

For the last 6 months, I have used the following configuration to successfully deploy to both Production and sandboxes without a problem:
  - Eclipse 3.7 (I know this is not yet supported, but it has been working fine)
  - Force.com IDE v20
  - Eclipse runtime parameters: -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

It is only since upgrading to v25 (or v24) of Force.com, that I experience these problems.  I have tried uninstalling IDE v25 and reverting to v20, however this is also failing as i get an error with a mismatch for "the MD5 hash is not as expected".  Creating a new Eclipse workspace does not help and causes this same error.

Can anyone shed any light on this all?    I am unable to find a decent logfile containing an explanation for the issue causing the freeze/hang so if anyone has any advice on this too, I can supply more information.

Many thanks,
Mark

Michael SaupeMichael Saupe

Hello Mark,

I experience the same issue. ;-(

Did you get this issue solved in the meantime?

Cheers,

Michael

mrhmrh

Hi Michael

I was unable to find a soloution for this and salesforce support could not resolve too. 

I ended up having to delete the whole eclipse and force ide installation from my PC and start again from scratch.  Not ideal.  Fortunately I didn't have to mess about with the values in the registry and just re-installing Eclipse Helios and Force.com V25 seemed to be ok....more by luck than anything else it felt like though.

Rgds

Mark