function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SimplySfdcSimplySfdc 

ideas website

Hi,

I would like to build idea website like starbucks or dell ideastorm, how do I start?

I am currently use enterprise edition, do I need to buy more license or what?

Please advise and thanks.

sq

Scott.MScott.M

Hi,

We've recently set up an ideas community. At the very least you will need to buy some Ideas only portal licenses. They're fairly cheap and they work like high volume portal licenses. You buy x number of logins per month and then you can have 10 times the number of active users.

For example if you bought 100 logins per month you could have 1000 users. Logins don't roll over so you lose what you don't use, and there's additional charges if you go over the number of logins in a month. Overall it's a pretty fair deal.

You can do various level of customizations as described here:

http://blogs.salesforce.com/ideas/2008/11/ideas-public-si.html

If you want an ideas site as stylized as starbucks or dell ideastorm, you'll have to get into visualforce.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Scott

raj161raj161

We are trying to set up the Ideas website using salesforce sites just as the above user. I am bit confused if to use the existing ideas objects or creating new custom objects. I am not sure of exposing ideas object in sites.

The link provided by you in this page doesn't work. Could you send me a link or information about staring a ideas community using salesforce sites?

Thanks in advance.

Raj