function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
QuiqueprQuiquepr 

Data in table working fine in VisualForce page, NOT showing in sites

I have a simple page to display our customer references on our web site via sites.  I chek the page within salesforce and renders just fine, but when I go through sites, only the table column headers show and no data on the table.

The fields are based on account object and also have a puyblish fla field.  Also the logo url field presents the location of the logo.  All the logos are in customer logo folder under the documents tabs and all have a external view value of true.  Security is public read write.

I have granted read access on the site publi settgins to the guest profile for the specfific site.

Any ideas anyone?

Here is the page

<apex:page controller="ValueCustomerListing" showHeader="false" cache="true" expires="0">
<site:googleAnalyticsTracking />
<apex:image url="http://tvmcompany.com/images/logo.gif" />
<br/>
<apex:dataTable value="{!accounts}" var="account" id="thelist" rowClasses="odd,even"
styleClass="tableClass" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="4">
<apex:column >
<apex:image alt="Logo Not Available" width="125" url="{!account.Logo_Location__c}"/>
</apex:column>
<apex:facet name="header">Organization</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText style="center" value="{!account.name}"/>
<apex:facet name="header">Industry</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText style="center" value="{!account.industry}"/>
</apex:dataTable>
</apex:page>

Here is the controller

public with sharing class ValueCustomerListing {
List<Account> accounts;
public List<Account> getAccounts(){
accounts = [select name, industry, logo_location__c from account WHERE valuecloud_publish__c = TRUE ORDER BY Name];
return accounts;
}
}

When accessed via sites, this page only renders the following (no data table....)

Organization
Industry

This the sfdc internal page (but is shows the logos.)

Organization
Industry
Logo Not AvailableCentennial Communications de Puerto RicoTelecommunications & Technology
Logo Not AvailableFideicomiso de Conservacion de Puerto RicoEnvironmental
Logo Not AvailableHumano ARSFinance, Insurance, Real Estate
Logo Not AvailableLiberty Cablevision Puerto RicoTelecommunications & Technology

Logo Not AvailableSistema de Retiro de MaestrosPublic Sector
Logo Not AvailableThe Value Management CompanyConsulting
Logo Not AvailableWireless IdeaEnterntainment
Logo Not AvailableWorldNet TelecommunicationsTelecommunications & Technology

jeffdonthemic2jeffdonthemic2

It definitely sounds like a security issue. Did you ensure that there is read access for the Account object (click the Public Access Settings button and see the Standard Object Permissions section) and that field level security is setup correctly for your custom fields (click the View link on the same page for the Account object under the Field Level Security section)?

HTH

Jeff Douglas
Appirio, Inc.
http://blog.jeffdouglas.com 

QuiqueprQuiquepr

Jeff

Tks for your input.

THe site perms are ok for accounts.

As for the account fiedl level security/access

I am using 3 fields account name (std field),

logo location (custom field - the url of the image which is another sfdc customer field.) the url is a documents tab unique url for viewiwing the document-image in this case and each image is setup as externelly viewable.) and

industry (std sfdc field)

I am using an image tag with the logo location field as the url to reder the logo.  the two others are std !account.name fiels all in a data table....

For all three fields I have the field access perms for the site guest profile as read only or required...

any other ideas?

tks for your support.

Regards,

Quique

BritishBoyinDCBritishBoyinDC
I am wondering it it is a data visibility issue - the controller is using sharing - try removing the the 'With Sharing' in the controller, and check your sharing settings - sounds like there is a problem there somewhere...