function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris4727Chris4727 

How to use Authenticated Website user license?

My goal is to create a new user then associate this new user with the Authenticated Website user license.

I go Setup > Users > Create New User > and user license field is read only. I can't change it to Authenticated Website license type.

I am using developer edition.

Can anyone advise on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Chris

Message Edited by Chris4727 on 01-23-2010 10:12 AM
BulentBulent

Chris,

First of all you need to create a new Developer edition org (sorry). Only new DE orgs get 10 of this "Authenticated website user" licenses.

Secondly, these are new type customer portal licenses. You need to set up your portal integrate with sites as you do with other portal licenses., and register the users via your site.  

dev.shiv1.3478599680068948E12dev.shiv1.3478599680068948E12

Hi, you use Authenticated website,High volume customer portal and customer portal managers for customer portal purpose only.

Before creating customer portal user you need to enable customer portal and partner portal for your salesforce organisation. After enabling that go to contacts object and create a contact with a valid email id in which the contact is associated to a account. After saving the contact you will find a button called "Work as portal" beside edit and cancel buttons. Then click on the work as portal and then enable customer portal user, then you will be directing to create a customer portal user with the contact details. There you need to choose the type of customer portal license such as "Authenticated website". Thats all how to use portal licenses.

Regards-

Karthik