function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarkcmark 

bigcloudrealty_com registration accountId parameter value is not valid.

Hello.  I keep getting the error above when trying to work with the Big Cloud app.  I can't figure out what i'm missing.  I have put the Id of a legit Account in the Apex class, the admin user (and owner of the aforementioned account) has an assigned Role, all of the permissions are set, etc.  One note, i had to go through the process of cloing the Profile because i couldn't edit the permissions on the existing Profile.  The setup documentation said that this should only happen if the portal wasn't enabled before the app was installed, but i've even when the portal is enabled first, i have to clone the role...

What else could i be missing??  

Oh - so my process is to go to the login page, click for new registration, enter my info - and the page just refreshes (no error message or anything).  i get an email with the info about the invalid accountId value...

Thanks for your time.

chris 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

Okay for those of you who are using Portal Login page for users to self service register here a step you might be missing

1- You need to add the “Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration field to the layout that is tied to the user profile you are using to create this contact
2- make sure FLS is visible for this field for the user profile you are using to create this contact

3-  edit your contact and set this flag
4-  now when you try to register via portal login page it’ll work 

All Answers

cmarkcmark
an additional note or two here.  if i just try to login to the customer portal (and not through sites), i get an email with the following message:

Unfortunately, you are ineligible for registering an account at this time.

i've read all of the documentation and forums and i've tried this several times now - what could i be missing?  (also, i have 10 unused portal licenses - so it's not a license issue...)

thanks again for your time.
chris
BulentBulent

did you set the portal profile for new user registration in portal setup and enable the profile for the portal?

and your portal is associated with your site ? 

Message Edited by Bulent on 02-10-2010 11:10 AM
chris_centrachris_centra

Hello.  Many thanks for the quick response.

1) Yes, in my portal setup, i have:

Default New User ProfileCustomer Portal Manager GOOD

(Customer Portal Manager GOOD) is the cloned profile that i created...

2) Yes, in my  portal setup, there are 4 profiles listed as "active", including Customer Portal Manager GOOD.

3) Yes, in my Site setup, login is enabled for "Customer Portal"

(Note that i can't even do the self-registration with the portal itself - even if i'm not going through the Site route...)

Any other ideas?  I'm sure i'm missing something easy, but i've followed the instructions several times and i just can't make it work...

Again, thanks for your time.

Chris

BulentBulent

Did you update the account id in the "BigCloudSiteRegisterController" ? this is the apex class used by the bigcloud demo?

if you want to test the standard portal registration you have two options:

1- create an account and a contact under this account. Use the Work with Portal button on the contact details page to create a portal user

2- create an account and a contact under this account. Go to portal login page and use the contact's email address to register

chris_centrachris_centra

Hello.

Yes - i updated the line in both the SiteRegisterController as well as the BCSiteRegisterController to:

private static Id PORTAL_ACCOUNT_ID = '001A0000006W7vY';

When i create a contact and tell it to "work with portal" - that's fine.  i can login to the portal as that user.

it's the self-registration that doesn't work.  so i create a new contact under the same account - and i use an email address that isn't already associated with a contact/user.  Then i go to the portal registration page and enter that email address - and submit.  i get an email which has the following:

Unfortunately, you are ineligible for registering an account at this time.

many thanks - i just can't figure this out...

chris

BulentBulent

Okay for those of you who are using Portal Login page for users to self service register here a step you might be missing

1- You need to add the “Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration field to the layout that is tied to the user profile you are using to create this contact
2- make sure FLS is visible for this field for the user profile you are using to create this contact

3-  edit your contact and set this flag
4-  now when you try to register via portal login page it’ll work 

This was selected as the best answer
chris_centrachris_centra

That is exactly what i was missing.  Thanks for your help!

Chris

Mansi Joshi 10Mansi Joshi 10
I am unable to find a "Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration" field. Can someone explicity state the steps to reach there?