function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nimbusprojectnimbusproject 

User login to their unique Salesforce.com Account

I am building an Apex application to allow users to organize and report on their Salesforce.com Apex components in a unique way.

For testing purposes I would like to give users the ability to use the tools with their unique Salesforce.com account:

User visits my Salesforce.com 'site' and logs into their Salesforce.com account and uses the tools with their data and reports how they like the functionality.

Diving into the world of Salesforce sites, I believe I understand the concept of authenticating users

However, I don't believe this is uniquely what I am looking for, once a user has been "authenticated" and logged in with the permissions set to the default "Customer portal" this user has access to the unique sObjects in my SF environment.

Is sites the complete wrong way to go? If so any suggestions about where I should head so that users can add this functionality (which relys partially on unique sObjects--I point this out because I am not sure how it will affect this) to their account.

Thanks!

aalbertaalbert

I don't follow the question. Are you developing an application that will get installed into different orgs? What type of users are you building this for? Portal users? CRM Users? Platform users?

NOTE: Sites authentication only supports logging into either the customer or partner portal. 

nimbusprojectnimbusproject

hi aalbert-

Yes I did some more reading, my question was kind of confusing. I discovered that what I was looking at was kind of weird, so I think I have a good model now:

1.) Development and testing: users can use Salesforce.com "Sites" to test our tools on our data.

2.) Betatesting and Final Product: users can install a "deployment" version to use the tools with their data.