function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SBKSBK 

How do I link a "custom tab" to my site?

I am developing a "Site" (a customer portal) on Force.com, I am new and learning

by trying it out. 

There are some pages which use a custom controller and an associated VisualForce page.

I also have a custom tab created for a custom object.

Is there anyway I can link this  custom tab to a link in my site? How do I get the link (URL?) for the custom

tab?

Can I do this in my Site page?

<apex:outputLink value="<URL to custom tab>">Custom Object</apex:outputLink> 

I really appreciate your help. 

BulentBulent

easiest way is enable this tab for an internal user and copy the url (something like: https://na7.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01r30000000RIc5&ic=1)

and use it as a relative url for your link (like /servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01r30000000RIc9&ic=1)

if your site has a path don't forget to add the path to the relative url. 

correct way to do this is to use the describeTab api to programatically get the url 

SBKSBK

Thanks Bulent.

Couple of questions..

If I want the integration to be seamless from my "Site" which has an header and footer. I was playing with the

"Page Layout" of the page which I want to integrate with the site and I couldn't find a way to add a "header"

and "footer" custom components.

Also, does these custom objects/tabs/pages have a "controller" code? If I want to implement some custom

logic and callouts in my page, having access to the controller will be really useful. I can always write my own

visualforce page to mimic these custom object/tabs/pages, but it is going to lot more work.

Thanks