function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ClaiborneClaiborne 

Maximum Logins Exceeded

I am creating authenticated web users in a spring 10 developer version.

I can register using the default SiteRegister page.

I can reset the password, both from the Sites page and from salesforc.com.

But whenever I try to login in, I get an error. When I check the login in salesforce.com, the message is "Maximum Logins Exceeded". I can't find any information on this error.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

BulentBulent
what are the portal user licenses are you using (there are multiple of then in developer edition) and how many of them are used?
ClaiborneClaiborne

A little more information - all trial and error.

The portal is a customer service portal. Is there any other kind?

I modified the Authenticated Web User profile to give it access to all of the Site's pages and all the related Apex classes.

I created a portal user from an existing contact. That works fine, and the person can log in.

I changed the portal settings to make site-registered users have the Customer Portal Manager profile. This works fine with new users registering on the SiteRegister page. The user created this way can log in fine.

I changed the portal settings to make site-registered users have the High Volume Customer Portal  profile. This works fine with new users registering on the SiteRegister page as long as you do not provide a password. But when the password is received via email, using the password to log in gives the error about bad username/password. When you check the log, the message is "Maximum Logins Exceeded". I am able to use the same user name and reset my password, but I can never log in.

This is the same behavior I have with Authenticated Web Users.

So what am I missing or failing to do?

BulentBulent

I can reproduce this. It has the same resut even if try to login via the portal login page (not only with sites).

Our team is looking into this. 

ClaiborneClaiborne
Just poking around, I found a field in the company record, "Restricted Logins, Current Month". The max value is set to zero. There is no way to edit this field. Also, searching help on "Restricted Logins" does not describe this value at all.
ClaiborneClaiborne
Case 03345016

Case Number: Status:
 03345016 New
Type: Severity Level:
 Question Level 1 - Critical
Contact Name: Functional Area:
 David Claiborne Force.com Sites
Account Name: Contact Phone:
 The Claiborne Company 504 655-0000
Date/Time Opened: Contact Email:
 2/25/2010 8:29 AM claiborne@claico.com
 Date/Time Closed:

Other Options:  
 None  
Created By: Last Modified By:
 salesforce.com Customer Support salesforce.com Customer Support
Subject:
 Unable to Login With Authenticated Web User
Description:
 I have created a domain and site with Sites. I am working with a Developer Org, Spring 10 release.

I am trying to allow self-registration and login for Authenticated Web User. I am using the standard SiteRegister and SiteLogin pages.

I set up self-registration to use Authenticated Web User as the profile.

I can create an Authenticated Web User using SiteRegister by NOT entering an initial password.

But when I log in with the user name and password I receive via email, I get a message that my user name and password are not valid. When I check the user in salesforce.com, it shows a failed login with "Maximum Logins Exceeded".

If I change the Self-Registration profile to High Volume Customer Portal, it fails the same way. If I change the Self-Registration profile to Customer Portal Manager, it works fine.

I have started a thread on the Developer site for this problem. The bug has been verified by Bulient. The thread link is http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=sites&message.id=2426.
ClaiborneClaiborne
This apparently is a bug in the system, and developers are working on it. I will post new messages as I hear from salesforce.com on the status of the bug.
HSUHSU

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with the Customer Portal and the Login Status "Maximum Logins Exceeded".

Is there any status update for your submitted case???

Thank you.

BulentBulent
team is working on a fix. I'll post an update when the fix is deployed to production, also case will be updated. 
ClaiborneClaiborne

Can you give an ETA for the fix? Or does that violate the Safe Harbor Statement?

Also, is what I am doing right, and it just did not work? Or do I need to do something different once the fix is in?

Thanks and waiting . . .

BulentBulent

As far as I can tell what you have done is correct. We need to run a production script to fix the default licenses that we provided for developer edition orgs. We are targeting for mid next week (this might change).

ClaiborneClaiborne

Thanks for the update.

It is my understanding that in production orgs, there is no physical limit on the number of authenticated web users. Is this correct?

The limiting factor is Sites page views, which is something like 500,000 per month, and other storage limitations within salesforce.com.

BulentBulent
You can find the technical details in online help:
https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?section=help&target=users_understanding_license_types.htm&loc=help&hash=CPUSectionTitle

Authenticated website user is a new Portal license that we created to address the custom web applications use cases like e-commerce, recruiting application where you need to securely authenticate users on your website but you do not need CRM features.

It only provides custom object access and the user has no role (category based limited sharing can be done –see online help for details)
It’s derived from the high volume portal user license (with only custom obj access) and will scale up to millions of users

Login based and users based pricing is available.  
jheuveljheuvel

Same problem here.

The fix would be highly appreciated!

J. vd Heuvel

MickLokoMickLoko

Hi,

I have encountered the same problem , when can I expect the fix will be delivered ?  

Mick

ClaiborneClaiborne
"Mid next week" was now last week. Any new target date.
BulentBulent

this issue was fixed last wednesday for the new developer edition orgs. So, i you create a new developer edition org this will work.

For the existing developer edition orgs fix will be later. 

BulentBulent

this issue is fixed for the existing orgs as well. You no longer have to create a new org for this to work.

ClaiborneClaiborne

Thank your for your persistence.

Now, if I can get a clear answer on what "authorized web users" cost, I would be very happy.

BulentBulent

The current list price is following:

$1 / user/ month, OR

$0.50 / login / month

there are volume discounts as well. 

You need to discuss further pricing questions with sales reps.