function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PrappPrapp 

How can I redirect to customer portal after loggin via site

I am very new for sales force. Now, I have a case where a sites page is being used as a login screen and then I would like it internally logs in the customer portal after. Example: Sites URL = https://mycompany.na1.force.com/ After logging in, I would like the system browse to my customer portal with customer portal domain https://na1.salesforce.com/apex/home Can anyone give me the suggestion how I can implement it?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
search for SAML in the online help. Portal supports SAML SSO.

All Answers

BulentBulent

why do you want to change the domain after login?

here is the related article

PrappPrapp

I would like to change the domain after login to my customer portal domain. That because of my requirement. I have tried to use the sitelogin that is generated when the site is enabled, but the domain is the site's domain.

BulentBulent
sorry, then sites is not the solution for your use case.
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You cannot do that if users logsin via siteslogin page. But, you can use your own authentication mechanism and then pass the session id along with username to salesforce portal to force user login. So, when users dont login they browse through the site you have built on salesforce and when user needs to be authenticated, he would be redirected to your external or other authentication mechanism that your company would be using for users, and from there it have to redirect the user to the portal and land the user exactly where he was left on the site. I am also working on a similar requirement but mine is single sign on doing in a non salesforce way.

Thanks.

BulentBulent
search for SAML in the online help. Portal supports SAML SSO.
This was selected as the best answer
PrappPrapp

Ok. Thanks you for your reply. I will try with your suggestion.