function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PrappPrapp 

Cannot use self register via Customer Portal Login.jsp

Hi All,

Now, I get the problem about using self register via Customer Portal. I do not know what are the steps that are missing. I have ever tried to use the self register via Site and it works. Does the self register via Customer portal work in the same way of Site's self register.

Could you please suggest where can I find the manual of the customer portal's self register? It is very urgent for me.

Thanks you in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

For customer portal, once you enable the self registration, you should manually identify users and check checkbox for the allow customer portal self-registration. If this is checked for a user then the user can self register at the portal login page, else an email stating that registration is not successful at the movement would be sent.

Thanks. 

All Answers

EIE50EIE50

If you assign a valid portal license it shouldnt throw you an error. Does your company has valid customer portal licenses? Let me know the license type for your portal users.

Thanks.

PrappPrapp
The license type that is used is the customer portal manager license. I can manually create the customer portal user.
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

For customer portal, once you enable the self registration, you should manually identify users and check checkbox for the allow customer portal self-registration. If this is checked for a user then the user can self register at the portal login page, else an email stating that registration is not successful at the movement would be sent.

Thanks. 

This was selected as the best answer
PrappPrapp

The customer portal’s self register is used to create the customer portal user for the existing contact in system. Is it right?

We cannot use the customer portal’s self register for the user that do not have contact in system. Is it right?

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Yes, the portal user must be a contact in ur system.

Thanks.

PrappPrapp
Thanks you for your answer and response.