function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MrTikMrTik 

How to create new tabs and associate them with Visualforce Pages for site

I am working on creating a site for our partners who can be registered members of our customer portal or they can be new users who can self sign up. I want the experience to be like a internet site with multiple links/tabs for multiple areas of website. I am not able to figure out how to create multiple tabs on my site.

Do I need to create a new Force.com application for this or can this be achieved with out it?

If there is any step by step guide for this topic I would really appreciate pointers to it.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
incuGuSincuGuS

Hey MrTik and RobertLe,

You can go to SETUP -> DEVELOP -> SITES -> Your Site -> PUBLIC ACCESS SETINGS

And withing there you will find :

Custom App Settings

and

Tab Settings

You can set which apps are available to the site, i would recommend only enabling one for better control of what is shown to the visitor, and then which tabs are by default seen/unseen.

You can add tabs to your application by going to SETUP -> CREATE -> TABS and within the wizard you will be asked to which Apps you want to add the new tab to.

Hope this helps!,

Gaston.

All Answers

RobertLeRobertLe

I basically have the same question... I created a site, a couple of pages, but I can't put it togeather...

incuGuSincuGuS

Hey MrTik and RobertLe,

You can go to SETUP -> DEVELOP -> SITES -> Your Site -> PUBLIC ACCESS SETINGS

And withing there you will find :

Custom App Settings

and

Tab Settings

You can set which apps are available to the site, i would recommend only enabling one for better control of what is shown to the visitor, and then which tabs are by default seen/unseen.

You can add tabs to your application by going to SETUP -> CREATE -> TABS and within the wizard you will be asked to which Apps you want to add the new tab to.

Hope this helps!,

Gaston.

This was selected as the best answer
MrTikMrTik

Hi, Gatson,

Thank you for your reply.

I got the tabs to show up on my site. However when I select any tab other then the default one, I see the content but the tab does not get selected. Can you please help with this?

Regards.

MrTikMrTik

I figured out what was causing the issue. I had  tabStyle="myTab01__tab" appended in all my page definition.

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="true" tabStyle="myTab01__tab">

Once I removed that piece, all my tabs have life of their own.

Cheers.

incuGuSincuGuS

Forgot to tell you about that, im glad you got around it!

HarishDeveloperHarishDeveloper

Hi,

I have created website. I have selected Account, Contacts tabs from the list and they are also apearing on website. But When i click Account or Contact tab in my website. It doesnt show anything. Only page under construction is diplayed. However i have given the perimssion to create/edit Accounts, Contacts under public website setting.

What I want if i click the Account tab in my website it should display the list of accounts and a new button to create the new account same as we have in Salesforce.com.

Can someone please help me?

incuGuSincuGuS

Harish,

I guess you already did, but just in case be sure to add READ perms to the objects, also READ ALL if you want to list all items.

Another thing that might be bugging are FIELD LEVEL SECURITY , while trying to display a certain field you might come across that message also.

After checking perms on fields and read , let me know if it helped or if you still get it and have everything with perms.