function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NMISHRANMISHRA 

LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN soap fault

Hi,

I recently created a developer edition account. I can login using the browser all right but, when I try to login using the partner web service, I get LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN soap fault. So, I generated a new security token and I can login when I append that token to the password. I added my desktop's IP address(as I see in my ipconfig as in my corporate network) as a trusted IP address but still I can't login unless I use the security token along with the password. Or does it need a public IP address for it to work(as opposed to an IP address which might be visible only inside corporate network)?

Is that expected behavior? Or is that something true for the developer edition accounts and will not be an issue in production systems when using API to login to the partner web service?

Thanks in advance and regards

SuperfellSuperfell

You'll need to register the public IP address that your requests appear to come from (you can easily see this in LoginHistory) if you don't want to use your api security token. This will be an issue for production usage as well (one potential alternative for you would be to use one of the oauth interactive flows rather than the login call).

NMISHRANMISHRA

Thanks. Can you please elaborate on "oauth interactive flows" and how it can be used instead of the login call?

Regards