function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
watrowatro 

REST oAuth Call without adding the Remote Site Settings

Hi there, 

I'm looking for a way to do a call to the SFDC REST API with oAuth but from my app I am not going to know the client / secret tokens.  

Is this possible to do?  I mean, I want to do something very simple, just like you do when you connect to the twitter API or similar.  You do a request to twitter, twitter shows the login page to the user, user grants access and the app can continue working.

From my app on my server I want to access SFDC, I do an oAuth call, SFDC asks the user and password and drects back the call to my app to continue working.  I don't want to have the user adding a remote site.

Is this possible to do? I did not find a ay to do it.  I can connect perfectly with the SOAP web service, and if I add a remote site and create the consumer and secret tokens.  But how do I connect if the user on my app may belong to any org that I do not control?

Thanks, 

Nico

SuperfellSuperfell

You create the remote site once, and its automatically shared. Its not required that every different org create its own remote site setting for your app.

ryanbloomryanbloom

Is that still true if your app comes from different sub domains?

foo.company.com

bar.company.com

Won't this situation mean that you need different remote access tokens for each?

Ryan

Jordan VasquezJordan Vasquez
@ryanbloom

Were you ever to get an answer to your question about subdomains? I am currently hitting a similar problem and wanted to know if each site needs to be registered separately.