function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jcojco 

API stopped allowing access to RecordType

Hello, sometime recently, it appears that the API has stopped allowing access to the RecordType entity. The error I'm seeing is:

"INVALID_TYPE: Name,Descripiton,IsActive from RecordType ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:42 sObject type 'RecordType' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

Dirk GronertDirk Gronert

For me it is working: SELECT Description,IsActive,Name FROM RecordType

17Related to SObject type = AccounttrueAccount
18Related to SObject type = ContacttrueContact
19Related to SObject type = LeadtrueLead
20Container for Account reportingtrueAccount

There is a misspell in your query:

Name,Descripiton,IsActive from RecordType

it should be Description

If I try it with your misspell  (SELECT Descripiton,IsActive,Name FROM RecordType) I get the same error ... so correct your query ;-)

NVALID_FIELD: 
SELECT Descripiton,IsActive,Name FROM RecordType
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:8
No such column 'Descripiton' on entity 'RecordType'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

jcojco

Hi Dirk, Thanks for the reply!

I tried it with the correct spelling of Description and still get the same error. Do you know if there might be any other reason why this entity woludn't be returned? I don't even see RecordType when I describe global.

"INVALID_TYPE: Description,IsActive,Name from RecordType ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:39 sObject type 'RecordType' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

Dirk GronertDirk Gronert

What edition is your org -> group, professional, enterprise, unlimited?

jcojco

We're on professional. I can also verify that my same code *does* work on accounts with higher editions. This used to work for us in the recent past. I don't know exactly when it stopped, but I want to say within the last 10 days or so.

Dirk GronertDirk Gronert
That is exactly the point recordtypes are supported in enterprise edition and above and not in professional edition!

--dirk