function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aravindaaaaaravindaaaa 

Dynamic Callback URL

I'm trying to contact the salesforce api from my rails app. I use omniauth-salesforce gem for oauth.

As mentioned in the REST API documentation, I have setup a remote access provider in "Setup". This asks me for a static callback URL. But the issue with my system, each user of my app gets a different domain. So, I cannot set a constant callback url like "user1.demoapp.com". I will have basically 100 domains for 100 users. So, is it possible to override this callback URL from my rails app? Please let me know.

gwestrgwestr

Interesting problem.  We're bound by what the OAuth 2.0 specification says and the endpoint is supposed to be firm.  You could have a static endpoint with an HTTP proxy on your end that routes the request to the right place.  See the Apache2 httpd and mod_proxy.

JFraileJFraile

Hi

I´m facing a similar problem. Have you implemented a solution? Could be, creating a new Remote Access for each customer with a different callback url, a workaround?

Regards

Giovanni BravacciniGiovanni Bravaccini
I'm interessed too to the solution.

regards,
Kieran McKewenKieran McKewen
Also have this issue; other OAuth2.0 services allow for domain-only specification of callback URL