function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RstrunkRstrunk 

@mention question

I always give kudos and if the reply is a solution, I always mark it as such.  

So a strange thing has started happening recently with @mentions for my org.  When I start to do an @mention I see a lot more names than there has been historically.  The names that showup are names of our customer portal users.  Those users do not have sharing access to the record, so if I actually click on one of the new names I will get a message that says they cannot see it.    

For example, in last week I could type @jun   and only one name would appear that I could select.  Now, when I type @jun I get a list of about 5 names.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,  

jody_blyjody_bly

@mention suggestions changed in Winter 14 for orgs with Communities. Here's how they work:

Summer 13: @mention suggestions include only names that have access to the record

Winter 14: If Communities is enabled, when you start typing an @mention, the suggestion list is populated with every user in every community that matches the characters. When you select a user, Salesforce checks to see whether the user can access the record. If the user can't access the record, the warning text is displayed.

Hope that helps.

RstrunkRstrunk

Thanks for your response!  

I have been trying to verify what you said about the @mention suggestions.  I can't find anything on it.  Can you post a link to some supporting documentation?

Kudos!

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

With Winter'14 release, 

You can @mention a group as well - both :

• Public groups
  • Private groups you’re a member of So when you start typing you will see all the names(people - following not following + external users) + group

Could you please search for those users(you see in the @ mention) in your ORG and check if they have been created as external users in your ORG as @mentions work for them - its just that when you select their name - you will see an error.

jody_blyjody_bly

You found a hole in docs--nice catch :-). We're updating the Release Notes. Look for the addition in the Change Log on 10/30.