function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MrTikMrTik 

Customer Portal URL?

Hi,

Not sure if the question belongs here or not, anyway here is the question.

I was wondering if it is possible to have custom URL for the customer portal? So that the user can browse to the custom URL and login with the credentials provided to them and then experience the full customer portal. All the while staying with in the custom URL.

Regards.

RyanGuestRyanGuest

Yes, you can use Sites with customer portal to preserve the custom URL.

What happens is you go to www.mysite.com, the login page has a form that posts to https://mysite.secure.force.com (take a look at the SiteLogin sample page), and then redirects you back to www.mysite.com. 

The documentation for this can be found in the help on the Login Settings page. Take a look at the Require HTTP checkbox. (Setup -> Develop -> Sites -> Login Settings)

MrTikMrTik

Thanks for your message Ryan, however my question was not in regards to Site. I already have a site up and running with one instance of customer portal. I have login enabled and users are able to self register on the site as well.

The question is for another instance of customer portal which would be used by another group and they do not want the URL to be that of salesforce.com. I was asked to investigate if this instance of Customer Portal can have a custom URL that matches our corporate URL?

Thanks and regards.

BulentBulent

Only via sites.

you can create a second site and tie it to your desired portal. Each site can use a unique custom domain name.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Custom url for the site is possible but not for a portal (the url for a portal cannot be customized).

Thanks