function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GlennElliottMMGlennElliottMM 

Timeout warning page error on Customer Portal with Sites

Hi All ... hoping someone has seen this before.

We have a Force.com Site which has login enabled for a specific customer portal. Portal users can log in and use the portal just fine. Only problem is when their session times out due to inactivity. It seems the systems tries to pop up a page called "/page/timeoutwarn.jsp", which I think is the standard timeout warning page in Salesforce, but instead it returns a Page Not Found error page. I figured that there was a standard timeout Visualforce page that perhaps wasn't assigned to the Site or to the portal user's profile, but I can't find a Visualforce page that relates to timeout. There are various other standard Sites Visualforce pages, like ForgotPassword or UnderConstruction, but nothing for timeout.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

RyanGuestRyanGuest

Unfortunately the timeout warning page is not customizable.

I believe the behavior you are seeing is that the time page refreshes every couple of seconds, so when it refreshes and the portal user's session is expired, it shows the page not found error page.

Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike

I've seen the same issue with the timeout. Theoretically, the page that should be displayed on the timeout is the login page, though the login page is supposed to be available to the portal user. 

Is there any workaround? 

Best Regards,

Mike

AnSFAdminAnSFAdmin

Hi, how did you fix this? I had the same thing first, now I get the standard salesofrce 'you're about to timeout' page.