function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fsiddiq3fsiddiq3 

How do delete apex class, triggers out of production?

Does anyone know how to delete apex classes and triggers out of production? I logged into the sandbox, deleted the apex classes and triggers and then tried to use IDE to delete the same classes and triggers but I only see the option to add or overwrite, not delete. Can anyone assist me with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fahad

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
paul-lmipaul-lmi

make sure they are deleted out of the navigation/browsing area in Eclipse itself.  Eclipse doesn't tell one instance to deploy to another, it grabs a local copy to your file system and pushes it directly.  This means that if you only had the option to overwrite, those files were still locally on your machine.

Once they don't exist locally, the delete options will appear in the deploy window.

All Answers

paul-lmipaul-lmi

make sure they are deleted out of the navigation/browsing area in Eclipse itself.  Eclipse doesn't tell one instance to deploy to another, it grabs a local copy to your file system and pushes it directly.  This means that if you only had the option to overwrite, those files were still locally on your machine.

Once they don't exist locally, the delete options will appear in the deploy window.

This was selected as the best answer
fsiddiq3fsiddiq3

This worked perfectly! I deleted all my old instances in Eclipse and created a new project. Thanks so much for your help!

Fahad