function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trick.ax1374trick.ax1374 

Portal and sites

Hi Friends,

I have salesforce customer portal which is up and running and assignedd to the production.Now I have to add class and  visual force page to it..

I have developed page and apex class in sandbox.However,I am not able to test it as when portal customer logs in ,his inofmation such as firstname,lastname ,email has to be queried and  retrieved from the database .

My situation,  when customer registers on the portal his infomation is going directlty in the production .Now ,How do I ensure that when customer enter's his information on the portal then it can go to the test instance(sandbox) so that I can test my class and visual force page functionality.

Thanks in advance 

Thanks,

Trick

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rklaassenrklaassen

Your sandbox also contains a customer portal to test your new page and class. You should use that portal instead of the one in production to register the user!

All Answers

trick1trick1

Hi friends ,

Any advice or help?

rklaassenrklaassen

Your sandbox also contains a customer portal to test your new page and class. You should use that portal instead of the one in production to register the user!

This was selected as the best answer
__sandra____sandra__

hi,

You have to create a cutomer portal in your sandbox, and use that portal URL for testing.

Your customer portal of your production env. is linked with your production database.

If you purchased customer portal licences after creating your sandbox , you would have to refresh the sandbox or to create a new one in order to match the licences and to be able to activate the portal on the sandbox.

Regards,