function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MJTWMJTW 

Netsuite to Salesforce Migration

Hi,

Being new to Salesforce and first time on the site, I have just been given my first project of migrating from Netsuite to Salesforce. Any tips and advice to help me on my way would be gratefully received.

Thanks

markkofmanmarkkofman

You have 2 options:

1: Salesforce Import Wizard: The easiest option built into your Salesforce.com application. To open it go to Your Name | Setup | Data Management. It works with any Salesforce edition and in many cases is enough to get your data imported.

2: Force.com Data Loader: Data Loader is another tool provided by Salesforce. It is a standalone application for Mac or PC and is available for download at Force.com. I would call it an advanced version of Import Wizard that allows you to do more sophisticated migration tricks. You need to be at least on Enterprise Edition to use the Data Loader.

If you want to learn more, I have written a blog post about tool options for import: 
http://import2.tumblr.com/post/26387094996/3-tools-to-import-data-into-salesforce

Also, my company is working on a DIY online import tool for Salesforce in case you don't have time to play around with admin tools.