function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EmplEmpl 

apex:inputField is not visible in customer portal sites

Hi,

We are trying to use apex:inputField to edit the field body of Standard Object "Question" in a visualforcepage.

Our problem is that the editor which renders with apex:inputField is visible when we look at the visualforce page inside SFDC.

But, it doesn't render when we call this page inside Salesforce site.

We need apex:inputField since we want to give user the ability to upload image while editing the post.

We have given permissions to all fields. 

Can you please help us with this?

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

As per your post, you gave permission for all the fields.

Just let me confirm one more point here

Did the user profile (user whom you want to show that field) have visible permission for that field or not?

Just check that permission is there or not.

If this permission already exists need to look for other solution.

I strongly believe this is permission Issue.  

EmplEmpl

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

We have checked this and user profile has the permission of visibility to all fields.

We also beleive taht its a permission issue. Dnt now what permission we are missing??

Thanks,

Kp

Praveen KimarPraveen Kimar

For the public site there is a button called public access settings, which will open the site profile. In that under

"Custom Field-Level Security" section you need to select the object and add the field.

Regards,

Praveen K.

iffuiffu

For the benefit of others, thought of posting this thread http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Force-com-Sites-Site-com/Force-com-Site-lt-apex-inputField-gt-not-showing-up/td-p/392365 as another work around if you think that you have added fields level permissions but yet getting no luck.

Cheers!

For Public sites we should use custom controllers, I think you are using Standard Controller and <apex:inputField> tag to display the fields on the Public site. please use standard controller and use <apex:inputText> and <apex:outputText> to display the fields on the site.

Thanks,

Praveen K. 

please ignore my previous reply and consider this,

For Public sites we should use custom controllers, I think you are using Standard Controller and <apex:inputField> tag to display the fields on the Public site. please use custom controller and use <apex:inputText> and <apex:outputText> to display the fields on the site.

Thanks,

Praveen K. 

iffuiffu

I am using custom controller only, my friend :)

The reason why one has to use inputField is to show the dependent picklists just in case I have been using in my situation.

iffuiffu

By the way, why do you think we should not use standard controller for public sites?

Madhu.GMadhu.G

I am also facing the same issue,inputfields are not visible in Customer portal site.

if any one have solution,pls share it.

Thanks,

Madhu

iffuiffu

Make sure you give the sufficient profile access and the field level access. Just check the link I gave you in one  of my replies above.

Madhu.GMadhu.G

i have given required  Profile access. under Public settings section create/eidt permission on custom Object and custom field security also given(visble= true)

but still no use.

Thanks,

Madhu

Avijit Chakraborty 11Avijit Chakraborty 11
This is a profile permission issue, what ever the field mentioned in the UI has to be visible setting, open that profile go ro Custom Field-Level Security and then select that object and ensure all the field have correct permission in my case I missed only one field and nothing was coming afer fixing this I can see all the field as expected