function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GailGail 

CMS Force Items are blank after saving and not added to Page

I've just installed CMSForce and have been following the instructions as well as I can (some things have moved so I had to figure out how to enable visualforce pages on the guest user record rather than the site). I'm now trying to add content to a page and while it's being saved, it's not being added (no edit icon tab) and when I find the item and preview it, it's blank. 

I have a feeling it may have to do with vf page and apex class access. I've already checked and Development Mode is turned off on my user. 

Anyone able to help? 

Gail Hallett

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GailGail

should have searched a little further - http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Force-com-Sites/Deploying-CMSForce2/m-p/453213/highlight/true#M6239 - just had to change field permissions on contentblockitems for the site user and they showed up. 

All Answers

GailGail

should have searched a little further - http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Force-com-Sites/Deploying-CMSForce2/m-p/453213/highlight/true#M6239 - just had to change field permissions on contentblockitems for the site user and they showed up. 

This was selected as the best answer
terry.humphris1.3899248141930283E12terry.humphris1.3899248141930283E12
I had the same issue where I followed the installation process, and was able to create pages & content.

But the content would not display.

My solution was to:
1. Add the ContentBlockItemPreview & ContentBlockItemSitePreview visualforce pages to the list of available pages in the site.
2. Go to Setup – Create – Objects – ContentBlockItem – Custom Fields & Relationships – Content – Set Field-Level Security
I then just made it Visible to all Profiles (you may want to refine this.)
Then made it Read Only to all profiles except Admin
3. Save Set Field-Level Security and then go to View Field Accessibility
4. Click on link next to Admin (In my case it says “Hidden”)
5. Under Page Layout check Visible and Save.

The Content then appeared within my Site