function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anthony PicaAnthony Pica 

Cannot add Campaign or Campaign Member Status field to Form element

When using the web-to-lead generate in Salesforce, we can add fields for Campaign and Campaign Member Status to add the Lead to a Campaign and update his/her status.

These fields are not available in the Site.com Form element. I know I can add a Custom Code element and paste the web-to-lead code, but I want to use the Site.com Form element as it offers some other benefits.

itsabsoluteitsabsolute

Hello,

When you select the object during the form creation are you selecting the Campaign Member object? Also, have you made the Campaign Object Read/Create accessible as well as the field level security  to the Guest User Profile under Site Configuration? When I do this, both the Status and Campaign ID fields are available to me within the Form Element of the Page.

Thanks,

Laura 

Anthony PicaAnthony Pica

When creating the form, I choose the Lead object because I want to add the website visitor as a lead. If I use the Campaign Member object instead, would a lead stil be created in Salesforce? Additionally, if I use the Campaign Member object instead of the Lead object, would fields such as Lead Source, Lead Owner, Company Size, Phone Number, Title, Company, etc be submitted still?

When using web-to-lead, it submits as a Lead but still allows you to add the lead to a campaign and update the campaign member status.

Thanks for your response.

itsabsoluteitsabsolute

Hello,

I played around with adding a custom code block into the form section and writing the fields in (not sure where the "data-fieldid" is derived from). When I used the data-fieldid from the Campaign Member connection it failed.  I also tried marrying the web-to-lead functionality and that didn't work either. There might be some super developer out there that can use script to call back the lead id and submit a second data set for the campaign member object (just thinking outloud).

When the forms functionality was first released, we wanted to utilize lead-assignments, and that wasn't possible without implementing triggers and some lengthy workaround - I suspect that may also be the case here - having to develop a trigger. We currently use FormAssembly which is amazing and provides immense data capturing capability. I might suggest using the SFDC web to lead on the page and see what Salesforce comes back with for a response to the issue.  

Thanks!

Laura