function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AjaxLadySFAjaxLadySF 

Limiting # of Child Items in a Menu

Hi there,

In site.com . . . I want to limit the number of child items that show in a menu on my page. For example, I have a vertical menu on the left side of my pages, and I only want it to show the parent and 1 level of child items. I see a link to a "Use Other Map" in the Menu Source drop down but it crashes everytime I try it?

Is there another way to limit what the menu displays? 

Thanks,

-AJ

AddisonAddison

Hi AJ, could you elaborate on what happens when it crashes?

dhardingdharding

Since I am encountering the same problem, the message reads as follows:

"An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for useing salesforce.com! Error ID: 1055035003-106557 (-1672607591)"

Also, I can find NOTHING in any of the site.com documentation that even tells what the "Use Other Map" option means.

There are additional problems with the menu object, but I will save those for another post...

AddisonAddison

Hi dharding,

Thanks for the info.  I'll pass this on to the R&D team.

Addison