function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kkhuranakkhurana 

How to create user friendly URL's in Site.com?

Hello,

Is there anyway we can provide user friendly URL's in Site.com?

This functionality does exists in Force.com Sites, read:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/apex_site_urlRewriter.htm?SearchType=Stem

I am looking for similar functionality OOTB with Site.com.

It's a must have feature.

Thanks,

Ketan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AddisonAddison

Hi Ketan,

Under safe harbor, we're planning to have a vanity url feature in a future release.  For now, URL redirect may be the closest thing to what you want.

Addison

All Answers

dhardingdharding

By default, the URLs in Site.Com are whatever you name them, so they are as user-friendly as you make them.

For example, the URL to our "Contact Us" page is www.domain.com/ContactUs

Anthony PicaAnthony Pica

I think this thread is relevant to what you're referring to: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Site-com/Page-Name-vs-Slug-Permalink/td-p/418533

Currently, when naming a page, we use all lowercase letters and a hyphen for spaces. Then if necessary we implement two URL Aliases (one that includes a trailing slash, and one that does not).

kkhuranakkhurana

Thanks guys for replying. 

When creating a page in Site.com we give a name to the page and the same appears in the URL while previewing it. (Good)

But, when I have repeaters fetching values from salesforce using URL query string (say lang=en_US, country=US) these parameters appears in the URL. I want to avoid having such strings in the URL as they are not convenient to remember and looks ugly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ketan

AddisonAddison

Hi Ketan,

Under safe harbor, we're planning to have a vanity url feature in a future release.  For now, URL redirect may be the closest thing to what you want.

Addison

This was selected as the best answer
watrowatro

did you ever got to release soemthing about this?