function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
julieboncourjulieboncour 

Build a bridge link between an Android apps connected to Salesforce and the Salesforce Classic app

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a way to develop a link between an Android app connected to Salesforce and the Salesforce Classic app.

Business Case:

My customer is using the Salesforce classic app on Android devices. For several reasons, we need to extend this standard application by creating a specific Android app connected to Salesforce. I need to find how to implement a custom  button/tab on the standard Salesforce Classic app which open my custom Android app connected to Salesforce.

I come to the developer community to find help, to know if someone has already done it.

Thank you,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

I don't think that's possible.

Regards,

Gaurav

All Answers

bhariharanbhariharan

I don't think it is possible to embed a custom button or customize the Salesforce Classic app in the way you need to.

FWIW, it's possible to add a custom button in Salesforce Classic to launch another VF page or an external web page - http://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/mobile_links.htm

However, it is NOT possible to launch another app using this method. What is your use case for launching your own Android app (as opposed to a VF or web page) from the Salesforce Classic app?

Regards,
Gaurav

julieboncourjulieboncour

Thank you for the reply !

I need to build a new Android app to implement an Order process with real-time checks of the customer & stock information. I need to implement more intelligence onto the order process to access stock, customer information in real-time.

Do you know another way to launch an android app from the Salesforce classic app ?

I don't think that's possible.

Regards,

Gaurav

This was selected as the best answer

Closing this thread as it's been stale for a while.

SuperfellSuperfell

You can create custom links that will appear in the classic app, e.g. https://my.order.app.org/ and then you can register an intent for that url in your custom android app.

julieboncourjulieboncour

Thank you.

I will try.