function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Acf2732Acf2732 

Salesforce1 refresh navigation menu

Hi,

I'm reading the Salesforce1 App Developer Guide and on page 24 it's say "Pull down and release the navigation menu to refresh" but it doesn't work. it is impossible to refresh the navigation menu without logout and login again.

Additional Info: I used a Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.... 

Thank you very much.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Acf2732,

Thanks for bringing this up, I just tried it on my Salesforce 1 App and was able to refresh the navigation menu.

I tested this on an iPhone but would like to check with Andriod and will update.

Are you also facing this when trying to open records in the Salesforce1 Application  as well?

Just trying to understand if this behavior is presistent for other calls amde from the application...

Acf2732Acf2732

Hi,

I have reproduced the bug in a nexus 5 with android 4.4 and the problem persists.

Regarding the question you ask me, I tried to refresh the fragment of records and refresh correctly, the failure only happens on the fragment of the navigation menu.

Thanks.

HsethHseth

Hi,

I am using android 4.4 on Nexus 4 and even I have faced this issue. If i make any tab avaiable for mobile navigation then it does not reflect unless I log out and log in again. It is not a desired user experience as people would never logout once they have logged in.

I think the app navigation menu should update whenver I close the app and start it again , as pulling down to refresh the menu might also not go very well with the users.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Thanks Hseth,

I have reached out to our internal team regarding the issue you have reported and will update you both asa I hear back.

Acf2732Acf2732

Thanks.