function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mshelmanmshelman 

No connected app?

I can run AccountEditor app and other sample apps in the SalesforceMobileSDK distro as a web page or from android emulator. But I've never set them up as connected apps and they aren't present in connected apps in salesforce ui which I don't understand because I thought that they would have to be configured as connected apps in order to access

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

Connected Apps, once created and initialized, are functional across all instances.  So for instance a Connected App could be created in one organization, and with the proper configuration information could be used in another org, even on a different instance.

The Mobile SDK apps use a previously configured "Sample App" Connected App, to give developers a working example to explore, before creating their own Connected App to drive their application.

All Answers

Connected Apps, once created and initialized, are functional across all instances.  So for instance a Connected App could be created in one organization, and with the proper configuration information could be used in another org, even on a different instance.

The Mobile SDK apps use a previously configured "Sample App" Connected App, to give developers a working example to explore, before creating their own Connected App to drive their application.

This was selected as the best answer
mshelmanmshelman

hmmmm.....interesting, is there any documentation available for configuring a connected app in this way?

All Connected Apps behave this way by default. You can follow the standard documentation for creating Connected Apps (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=connected_app_create.htm&language=en_US).
mshelmanmshelman

Ok, thanks, Kevin, for clearing this up