function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Clive BearmanClive Bearman 

OK What am I doing Wrong? LookUp wont return anything.

I built a very simple flow that takes an email and uses it to look up a lead.

The flow gets saved, theres data is in my sand box, but the decision always "fails (but there's no error in the flow.FaultMessage)".  I wasn't trying anything too crazy, so any idea what I've missed (btw I'm a total noobie with flow).

RajaramRajaram

Can you tell me what you are tying to do? Verify if the lead exists?

What happens when you run the flow, does it seem to take the False path all the time?

If so what is your LeadLookUp filter criteria and what you using in the isValidLead decision as the condition?

zsmith46741zsmith46741

Okay so lets say I want to have this as a button on the account page to "Qualify accounts":

Need to use the account that the button was clicked on

- Ask questions, and then update fields on that account with the answers 

How would I simply do the following:

a) Call the Account Record that was currently being displayed

b) Create Questions where the answers (Either T/F or Picklist) would direct to the appropriate question

c) Update the fields as each question is asked

RajaramRajaram

You need to do the following:

1. Create a Flow with a variable - say vaAccountID

2. Build a flow according the process you have in mind 

What questions you have, what decision elements you want etc

3. Update the account record which uses the account ID variable to point to the record you want to update

ID = vaAccountID 

4. Create a custom button or link on the account details page which launches the FLow and pass the Account ID as a URL parameter

/flow/MyAccount?vaAccountID={!ID}

Hope this helps..

Raja

zsmith46741zsmith46741
Raja, Thanks - could you explain like how to create a question that will then update a field, example :account rating. The question would ask what the rating is, answer options would be the picklist values in the account rating field then update the field with the answer selected
RajaramRajaram

If you want to update the Rating field, the you need to create a question with the choices matching the rating picklist values (yes, you will have to re-do it in the designer as do not yet support picklists based on sfdc metadata yet)

Then you just pass the Question to the data update element.

Hope this helps