function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shawshankshawshank 

Desktop Designer - Any way to repair corrupt file?

The desktop designer locked up on a flow and was unresponsive.  I had to CTRL-ALT-DELTE out of the program.  When prompted to open the recovered file, I receive the following error: "The selected file could not be found or is not a valid format."  

When I try to open the file through the standard File-->Open, I receive the same error.  I have learned the hard way to constantly save the files and I did so a couple of minutes before the program became unresponsive; however, this is the first time I have not been able to open a file.  

Unfortunately, I have many hours invested in this flow.  Is there any way to repair and recover the file?  Help please.

shawshankshawshank

No need to reply to my original post.

Unfortunately, looking at the file, somehow, all data is gone...there is absolutely no information in the flow file.  Ouch!!!   

A word of advice...make sure to save your flows on a regular basis under different names when using the desktop designer.  If for some reason the program becomes unresponsive, you may lose all of your work.

RajaramRajaram

Thanks for the note on the best practice.

The new cloud flow designer will let you save your flow to the server directly. Even there I though it is a good practice to save your flow periodically.