function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sumit Vakil.ax1203Sumit Vakil.ax1203 

Email Alert Workflow with S2S shared custom object doesn't work?

Hi,

Our setup is as follows. We have two orgs: Org A and Org B linked via S2S sharing. A custom object in Org A called Client_Info__c is shared with Org B. In Org B, Client_Info is mapped to a custom object called Contact_Info__c. Both objects have a field called Contact_Email__c. What we want to do is send an e-mail to Contact_Email__c whenever a new record is received by Org B. To do that, we have created a workflow rule in Org B on object Contact_Info__c. The rule crietria is NOT(ISNULL(Contact_Email__c)) and the Evaluation Criteria is "Only when a record is created". The workflow action is of type "Email Alert". The Email Alert has a corresponsing E-mail template, and the Object is Contact_Info__c. "Recipients" is "Email field: Contact Email" and "From Email Address" is "Current User's email address".

The odd thing is that if this workflow rule is enabled, S2S sharing stops working. New records created in Org A stop showing up in Org B. If I disable the rule, then S2S sharing starts working again.

I've been scratching my head about this for a while now. The discussion boards don't seem to have any information either. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks,

Sumit

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup
Hi, Neither workflow now trigger is being fired whenever you are getting a record through s2s. So I don’t think enabling a workflow will create any problem with s2s sharing. Try manual sharing of record from Org A to Org B and enable all the workflow in Org B.