function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmoylecmoyle 

Choice Lookup in Visualforce Flow

So here's the scenario:

I have a main flow that was developed in the flow designer tool that has several subflows. The flows need to be visible publicly so I've embedded the main flow on a visualforce page using the flow:interview tag and added the visualforce page to a force.com site that I've set up. One of the subflows has a choice lookup that is not being populated and I am stumped.

Here's what I've tried:

I first checked that there weren't any permissions issues with the object by creating a sample visualforce page with a select list with the same data from the custom object and added it to my anonymous site - this worked and the data showed up.

I checked to see if it was a problem with the flow itself, but I've gone through and accessed the visualforce page as an administrator and it was working - the data was populating in the choice lookup correctly. 

I verfied the filter wasn't causing a problem on the choice lookup by removing the filter entirely and also checking the debug logs to make sure parameters were passing correctly - data still did not show up.

Here's the problem lookup - the data validation loop isn't a problem because i have another lookup without it thats not working. The unique id for the choice lookup is a custom field on the custom state object and the display value is the Name field. It has 1 filter and 2 allocations.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
cmoylecmoyle

So after 8 hours of working I finally figured this one out. I checked the field level security on the custom object and the field I was trying to filter on, was not a visible field for the guest profile. After making it visible, the filter worked and I was able to see the results in the flow.