function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthik SankarKarthik Sankar 

Flow not working in Customer Portal

I created a sample flow - Calculate_Tip given as tutorial in the visual workflow implementation guide. Then I created a visualforce page - FlowPage embedding the flow. The code is as below:

<apex:page >
<flow:interview name="Calculate_Tip"/>
</apex:page>

Then I created a custom button on Case detail page which links to the above visualforce page. I am able to access the flow page inside Salesforce but when trying through Customer Portal, the below error appears.

Data Not Available
The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page.

In the flow, I am not accessing any specific data/custom object from the org which should be enabled for Customer Portal profile. I have enabled the visualforce page for the Customer Portal profile as well. Since I am new to creating flows, not sure what could be the problem. If anyone had faced the same issue in the Customer Portal, please let me know how to resolve it.

Also let me know if multilingual support is enabled for flows. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Its working now for me. Since its a Spring 12 feature, we need to refresh the sandbox and run the visualforce page embedded with flow in the customer portal and it would work.

Still not sure about the multilingual support. Will post the details if I get something.

All Answers

Its working now for me. Since its a Spring 12 feature, we need to refresh the sandbox and run the visualforce page embedded with flow in the customer portal and it would work.

Still not sure about the multilingual support. Will post the details if I get something.

This was selected as the best answer
Will_SladeWill_Slade

Hi,

I'm having this same issue within our sandbox... however our sandbox has already been refreshed to Spring '12.  I created the Visualforce page using version 24.0, created a tab from the page, and added the tab to the customer portal.  I get the same error you describe above. 

I also verified that the page with just the button was working, by removing the line with the flow.  Here is the code for the page:

<apex:page >
    <apex:form >
        <apex:commandButton value="Some Button" />
    </apex:form>  
    <flow:interview name="Portal_Flow_Test" />  
</apex:page>

I have stripped down to testing a barebone flow that doesn't reference any Salesforce objects at all, but still getting the error.

Any ideas?

Edit:  Found this in another post regarding the Spring 12 release notes, maybe this is the answer...

* Administrators can create flows within 24 hours after the Spring ’12 release; however it may take until February 20th before
users are able to run the newly-created flows.

Hi Will,

Are you able to solve the issue? After the sandbox refresh, it's working fine for me. Try the same code in any other sandbox which is refreshed recently.

Will_SladeWill_Slade

We're currently working on the changesets for the refresh, but since we're not live in prod yet I was able to build a simple flow and test it there... and yes it is working correctly in prod.  Thanks for the follow up.